DAY 12: The Healing Challenge
“He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire.” – Luke 3:16
As I have grown in intimacy with the Father one of the phenomenons I have experienced is seeing the colour blue like waves in visions. This colour is deep blue like the Lapis Lazuli gemstone colour or the blue colour in fire. The first time this happened was when I needed deep emotional healing from some of the trauma I faced when I wrote my book, The Richer Woman and in that same year was in debt from hosting The Do It Afraid Conference. I was so angry with God because I felt He had abandoned me. My friend took me through a sozo session which focuses on inner healing and that day I saw the colour blue for the first time. I can’t really explain it. It’s like a wave or wind that moves like in a rhythm. After that I recall seeing it often when my eyes are closed and I connect with the Father. When I spent about five months away from social media last year during the beginning of the pandemic, I spent alot of time in the secret place and I grew in my intimacy with the Father and as a result I began to see this same Blue colour not just when I close my eyes but now even when my eyes were opened. In this particular season since I have been immersed in the secret place with God, I see the blue colour all the time. Like I just need to close my eyes and within a few minutes it comes. It’s not once in a while but now even on a daily basis. Initially I felt that this was the healing power of God but now I’ve come to know that this is the presence of God and so whenever I see it, I smile because I know Papa has shown up.
Now how does this connect to fire?
About two years ago, I was invited to minister at an event and the theme was “The Fire of God”. The Lord told me to speak on “The Secret Place” and I wondered what the fire of God had to do with the secret place. Then, He gave me fire as the analogy for the secret place.
I did some research on “fire” and boy, was I amazed at what I found. God is so intentional.
Fire is an event not an element. It is a chemical reaction. What you see in the fire is the flames which is the visible part. There is an invisible part that you don’t see. You don’t see the point of ignition where the chemical reaction takes place and the fire starts.
There is something called “The Fire Triangle”. There are three things that must be present at the same time to produce fire:
1. Oxygen: There must be enough oxygen to sustain combustion.
2. Heat: There must be enough heat to reach ignition temperature.
3. Fuel: There must be fuel or combustible material i.e. the wood, candle wick or item that is going to be burnt.
When these three come together, they produce the chemical reaction that is fire. If you take away any of these things, then the fire will be extinguished. This event where the three come together is known as the secret place.
Similarly, we desire the fire of God, we desire the gifts, the miracles, the power, the results but this can only be birthed in the secret place. When you see sons and daughters of God doing great things for the Kingdom, you only see the outward results; what you don’t see is what goes on in the secret place. When you see God using people to do great things, you’re only seeing the fruits but you don’t see what happens in the secret place.
When you God doing amazing things through Prophet Tomi Arayomi, Pastor Nathaniel Bassey, Pastor Imisi Owolabi, Pastor Isi Igenegba, Dr. Esther Longe, Apostle Joshua Selman, Pastor Debola Deji Kunrunmi, Pastor Sola Fola Alade, Apostle Arome Osayi, Fade Aluko, Gbenga Oshikoya etc, it is because they have spent time with God in the secret place.
If you look at a tree, you see its fruit but you don’t see the most important thing, the thing that holds the tree down, connecting it to life, to its source, to the wellspring. You don’t see the roots.
What is The Secret Place?
Just as there are three things that need to be present in the fire triangle, there are also three things that need to be present in the secret place.
1. The Holy Spirit which represents the oxygen.
2. Passion for God which represents the heat.
3. The right heart which represents the fuel or combustible material.
When these three meet in the secret place, then you can receive the fire of God.
In the Old Testament, the term “secret place” comes from the Hebrew root word “cether” which means, “to hide or be concealed”. The secret place is where we meet God. It is where you become immersed in the presence of God. He is the secret place. He is the God of the Secret place. He is in the secret place. Here’s an excerpt from a piece on gotquestions.com:
“Because He is Spirit and His glory is beyond your ability to perceive, we must meet Him in the secret places of the heart in order to commune with Him.”
Let me share a few scriptures with you that talk about The Secret Place:
Psalm 18:11(NKJV): “He made darkness His secret place; His canopy around Him was dark waters And thick clouds of the skies.”
Psalm 27:5(NKJV): “For in the time of trouble He shall hide me in His pavilion; In the secret place of His tabernacle He shall hide me; He shall set me high upon a rock.”
Psalm 31:20(NKJV): “You shall hide them in the secret place of Your presence from the plots of man; You shall keep them secretly in a pavilion from the strife of tongues.”
Psalm 91:1-2(NKJV): “He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High Shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.”
Exodus 33: 12-22 (NKJV): “Then Moses said to the Lord, “See, You say to me, ‘Bring up this people.’ But You have not let me know whom You will send with me. Yet You have said, ‘I know you by name, and you have also found grace in My sight.’ 13Now therefore, I pray, if I have found grace in Your sight, show me now Your way, that I may know You and that I may find grace in Your sight. And consider that this nation is Your people.”
14And He said, “My Presence will go with you, and I will give you rest.”
15Then he said to Him, “If Your Presence does not go with us, do not bring us up from here. 16For how then will it be known that Your people and I have found grace in Your sight, except You go with us? So we shall be separate, Your people and I, from all the people who are upon the face of the earth.”
17 So the Lord said to Moses, “I will also do this thing that you have spoken; for you have found grace in My sight, and I know you by name.”
18 And he said, “Please, show me Your glory.”
19 Then He said, “I will make all My goodness pass before you, and I will proclaim the name of the Lord before you. I will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.” 20 But He said, “You cannot see My face; for no man shall see Me, and live.” 21 And the Lord said, “Here is a place by Me, and you shall stand on the rock. 22 So it shall be, while My glory passes by, that I will put you in the cleft of the rock, and will cover you with My hand while I pass by. 23 Then I will take away My hand, and you shall see My back; but My face shall not be seen.”
Moses would not go without His presence, but also notice that He hid Moses in a cleft of a rock in order for him to see Him.
We must seek God’s presence in the secret place; His presence is meant to go with us minute by minute throughout our day. Many seek His presents and not His presence but this is not the right order. We ought to seek His presence and not His presents. The secret place is a place of intimacy between you and Your Lover.
Why is The Secret Place important?
John 15:5(NKJV) says “I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing.”
1. Every impactful thing starts off in a secret place.
- You: You were made in the secret place. Psalm 139:15(NKJV) says “My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place.” You were made in your mother’s womb in secret and you stayed there for 9 months.
- Treasures: Diamonds, pearls, gold and all precious metals are formed and hidden in the secret place.
- Strategies: Strategic decisions are birthed in the secret place. If you work in a corporate organisation, the decision makers—senior management and board of directors—have meetings in the secret place.
- Kingdom of darkness: Even the kingdom of darkness knows the power of the secret place. When you watch movies on the Africa Magic channel, you’ll see that evil people meet at night in secret.
2. Protection: Protection comes from the secret place. For me, Psalm 91 has always been a psalm of protection and so in the past, if I was scared or I wanted to pray for protection, I would read this psalm out loud. About a year or two ago, the Lord gave me a new revelation of Psalm 91. He said that the promises of protection are based on the first verse in the psalm.
“He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High
Shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.” Psalm 91:1(NKJV)
When you “dwell in” and not “visit” the secret place of the Most High, you will receive protection. Imagine God hiding you in a secret place. Nothing and no one can find you. It’s in the secret place that He begins to warn you about certain people or about what the devil plans to do.
3. Power and Miracles:
When you read the stories of great daughters and sons of God like Katherine Kulmahn, Aimee Semple McPherson, Heidi Baker and so on, there’s a common thread in all their stories. They all spent intimate time with God. They never desired the gifts. They desired the giver of the gifts.
I read Heidi Baker’s book titled “Birthing The Miraculous’ and I’ll share excerpts from the book. If you don’t know who she is, Heidi is an American lady who is a missionary in Mozambique. Her ministry has seen people being raised from the dead, the blind seeing, the deaf hearing and diverse kinds of miracles. In her book she said
“People often ask me what the secret to sustainability is. The secret place is the secret. We have to live there. As we abide in the presence of the Lord, our hunger increase and we find ourselves birthing glorious new life. If you then know how to live in the secret place but there is no fruit in your life, you have not been there. To the degree we are united with Gods heart and in love with Jesus, we will be fruitful. When I talk to my co-workers, I always emphasize this same thing. Over and over again I say, “All fruitfulness flows from intimacy”. I always remind our team that intimacy is the only way to bear fruit that lasts”.
“Fruitfulness is birthed from love. Bearing fruit is a delight, but it is not the final goal. Intimacy with God must be our purpose. If we pursue Him above all else, fruit simply happens. I have never seen a fruit tree push hard and say, “Give me fruit!”. Trees have no other task than to stand rooted in the soil”.
Heidi Baker goes on to talk about how she would take out time to just spend with God. Sometimes, she would go swimming in the ocean or deep sea diving. She has a whole chapter on this in her book.
All the amazing things you have seen me do in my journey of purpose have been conceived in the secret place. Even this healing challenge it was when I was spending time with Papa in the secret place that He told me He wanted us to host it.
I can relate with what Heidi Baker says: “I have a confession to make. I have no idea how to prepare for conferences and meetings. I simply live for communion with God, where fruitfulness can flow. Preparing my life to overflow is the only way I know how to prepare. Before we take any action in our movement, the Lord reveals His strategies to us. There is not one thing we are doing or attempting to do that we did not find in His word and His presence. We did not sit down at a white board and draw out plans for how we are going to reach the nations.”
If you look at the life of Jesus, several times He went away just to spend time in the secret place, alone with God. Several examples include when He took the three disciples to the mountains. After John died, He went away to be alone. He sent His disciples on sea when He went to be alone. Before His ministry started, He spent 40 days in the wilderness in the secret place with God. Before He went to the cross, He spent time in the secret place.
How to Dwell in the Secret Place
The key word here is “to dwell” like we see in Psalms 91:1. To dwell means to live there and not just visit. God does not say we are to visit His presence, He says we are to dwell. We must live in His presence. We must seek His presence. We must carry this presence with us everywhere.
1. Quiet time: Every day, take out time to spend with God. I’m talking about intimate time with Him and not time spent praying in a group, or at church. Those things are good but not as important as the one-on-one time you should have with Him. Give Him first fruit of your time. It is important to note that seasons can also determine when and how long you have your quiet time. For example, as a nursing mother who has been awake at night, you may not be able to do so in the morning or even have long periods of quiet time because baby will need to be attended to.
Exodus 33: 7 & 11 (NKJV) says: “Moses took his tent and pitched it outside the camp, far from the camp, and called it the tabernacle of meeting. And it came to pass that everyone who sought the Lord went out to the tabernacle of meeting which was outside the camp. So the Lord spoke to Moses face to face, as a man speaks to his friend. And he would return to the camp, but his servant Joshua the son of Nun, a young man, did not depart from the tabernacle.”
Notice Joshua stayed in the tabernacle. Maybe this is one of the reasons He was chosen to take the Israelites to the promised land.
2. Informal: Let it be as informal as possible, just like when you are hanging out with your friend. You don’t have to kneel unless you are led to by the Spirit of God. Worship Him. Sing your favourite worship songs. Play your favourite worship songs. Dance for and with Him. Spend more time worshipping than doing anything else.
3. Journal: Write to Him: “Hello Daddy…” Pour out your heart to Him, speak to Him. Tell Him your burdens. Tell Him how happy you are with the things He has done. Tell Him the things that make you sad or that you are struggling with.
4. Listen: At some point, be quiet and say nothing. Listen to what He says. You may see visions, or He may drop a word in your spirit.
5. Ask Him what He wants to talk about. Ask Him what is on His heart. Ask Him what He is doing in Nigeria or in your neighbourhood and ask Him how He wants you to join Him.
6. Read your Bible: Ask the Holy Spirit to lead you to what to read. There are also many Bible plans on the YouVersion App that can help you such as the Bible in One Year plan. The Book of John is also a good place to start.
6. Allow the Holy Spirit: Let the Holy Spirit feel welcome and let Him flow and lead you.
7. Periodic time outs: Take out long periods to be with Him. Go off social media. Go on a holiday. Just find times to be with Him.
8. Take His presence with you everywhere: Even in a busy place, in a crowd, stay connected to Him so you can hear and communicate with Him.
Jesus said in Matthew 6:6(NKJV), “When you pray, go into your room, and when you have shut your door, pray to your Father who is in the secret place; and your Father who sees in secret will reward you openly.”
In the old days, in the Old Testament temple, the place where the presence of God was, was called the Holy of Holies. This place was covered by a veil. It was only the high priest who could go there and he could only go in once a year. In actual fact, there was an outer court for women which meant women could not go into the Holy of Holies to meet with God. After Jesus was crucified, the Bible says that veil in the temple tore.
“At that moment the veil in the Holy of Holies was torn in two from the top to the bottom. The earth shook violently, rocks were split apart,” – Matthew 27:51(TPT)
Jesus tore the veil so you can have access to the secret place. Now, you can have intimacy with God. This is our primary purpose—to have a relationship with Him and to be with Him. Jesus has made this available to and for us but many of us are still staying in the outer court and not coming to meet Him in the secret place. We are going to church, YouTube, seminars and webinars, conferences and e-conferences, meetings & zoom or google meets but we don’t go searching for Him in the secret place where He’s waiting for us. He wants to show His love to you. He wants to overwhelm you with His love. He wants to envelop you in His presence, He wants to pour out Himself to you. He wants to reveal secret strategies to you. He wants to invite you to join Him at work. He wants to bring Heaven on earth through You. He wants to change the nations through You. He wants to heal through You. He wants to do signs and wonders through You. Will you meet Him in the secret place? Will you say yes to Him? Then, meet Him in the secret place so that you can conceive your God-given purpose.
To develop an intimate father-daughter relationship with Him, I created a 21-day devotional style guide called The Father’s Daughter. You can get this on Amazon, Kindle or http://www.okadabooks.com . It is also on this blog. Look for posts from 1st of March 2018.
How does this connect to the colour blue.
I mentioned that the when you spend time with the Lord in the secret place, the fire of God comes upon you. This can also be called the presence of God. The blue colour I always see is the presence of God.
Why colour blue
Fire burns in different colors and according to science the hottest part of the flame is the blue part. This is the base of the fire. The hottest part of the flame is the base, so this typically burns with a different colour to the outer edges or the rest of the flame body. Blue flames are the hottest.
“Blue flames usually appear at a temperature between 2,600º F and 3,000º F. Blue flames have more oxygen and get hotter because gases burn hotter than organic materials, such as wood. When natural gas is ignited in a stove burner, the gases quickly burn at a very high temperature, yielding mainly blue flames. also the temperature is usually greatest near the fuel source for example wood, candle.”
Therefore we can say that since the fuel is the right heart and the oxygen is the Holy Spirit in the fire triangle. We experience the fire of God which is the presence of God when our hearts are deeply immersed in the Holy Spirit in the secret place.
Furthermore, the blue lapis lazuli stone is a gemstone that is associated with healing. The Bible says this in Exodus 28:18 that the breastplate of the high priest Aaron was encrusted with 12 precious stones. The second row contains the lapis lazuli. Also the Bible says the stone is in Heaven according to Exodus 24 : 10 (NLT) which says “There they saw the God of Israel. Under his feet there seemed to be a surface of brilliant blue lapis lazuli, as clear as the sky itself.”
There are many studies that associate this stone with healing.
The upper room
We started off this challenge reading the book of Acts Chapter 2 when the disciples were in the upper room. Please read this again particularly verses 1-3
The Holy Spirit Comes
2 On the day of Pentecost[a] all the believers were meeting together in one place. 2 Suddenly, there was a sound from heaven like the roaring of a mighty windstorm, and it filled the house where they were sitting. 3 Then, what looked like flames or tongues of fire appeared and settled on each of them. 4 And everyone present was filled with the Holy Spirit and began speaking in other languages,[b] as the Holy Spirit gave them this ability.
Like the analogy of the fire of God, the disciples were in the upper room which can be considered the secret place. They had the right heart and they had passion for the Lord. The Holy Spirit came like a rushing wind and then the fire of God like tongues of fire came upon them.
How does this connect with healing.
It is the presence of God through the Holy Spirit that brings healing. When Gods presence is upon you, sickness cannot stay. The Bible says your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, How can sickness stay in the same place as the Holy Spirit. How can sickness stay where the presence of God is. In Heaven there is no sickness. Therefore your body should not have sickness when you carry the presence of God with you. It is this same outpouring of the Holy Spirit that enabled the disciples to perform miracles such as healing just like Jesus.
Therefore I implore you today to dwell in the secret place and as you do, the fire of the Holy Ghost will come upon you bringing on the fire of God which would bring healing.
- Schedule a time of the day when you would meet the Lord in the secret place daily. Determine where this place would be. Ask the Holy Spirit for help.
- Ask the Lord to purify your heart and make it right and to show you areas where you need to work on. This is a good time to pray for anyone who has offended you or ask god to remove pride from you.
- Ask for your hunger and passion for God to grow.
- Ask for more of the Holy Spirit.
- Keep declaring the scriptures and promises of healing you wrote down previously, keep asking for more of the Holy Spirit, continue to cover your self and your situation in the blood of Jesus, rest , be grateful, have joy and peace, keep praising and worshipping God and confess the five statement pledge as often as you can and do all of these in the name of Jesus.
- Make sure you have done all the tasks of the previous day.
- Please join the Hallelujah challenge at 11.59 pm tonight on YouTube or Instagram. Follow Pastor @nathanielblow on Instagram to participate.
- Worship song recommendation: Housefires – One Thing (feat. Kirby Kaple) ; THERE IS A PLACE – NATHANIEL BASSEY; Fragrance To Fire – Dunsin Oyekan; Housefires – Open Space (feat. Kirby Kaple); Purify My Heart (Refiner’s Fire) | Jeremy Riddle – Vineyard Anaheim Worship Moment; Venture 9: What A Beautiful Name, Miracles, Fill Me Up – WorshipMob live with Cross Worship; King of My Heart (w/ spontaneous) – Steffany Gretzinger, Jeremy Riddle, & Christine Rhee; I Am Yours (Spontaneous Worship) – Amanda Cook and William Matthews | Bethel Music
CHINGTOK ISHAKU I WANT TO SEE YOUCOVER BY VICTORIA ORENZE; ON FIRE victoria orenze ; Housefires – The Wick (Spontaneous) feat. Pat Barrett